Effective January 1, 2024
COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This site is operated by the Jacquelyn. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Privacy and Personal Information Control Policy:
We Acknowledge Your Right to Privacy and Control Over Personal Information.
What information do we collect?
For Jacquelyn site and Club usage, we collect essential information: name, street address, telephone number, email address, and guest names. Credit card or bank details are also required for membership fees and service charges. Member applicants provide personal data for membership evaluation. Usage records, event participation, appointments, and purchases are maintained. Site visits trigger IP address and browser data collection for statistical and security analysis.
We utilize PeopleVine, Sonato Alliance, GoCardless, Stripe, DocuSign, SmartWaiver, and Elvis in the Building for various functionalities, with respective privacy policies provided by each service.
On www.thejacquelyn.com we collect information from you when you respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When is my information given out?
Personal details, excluding credit card and bank information, are accessible to the Jacquelyn’s customer service and management personnel only. Sharing may occur within our member clubs with your consent. Membership application materials are restricted to the Membership Committee and Club management. A PCI-compliant third-party processor securely stores credit card details. During club reciprocity programs, necessary personal information is disclosed to network administrators.
Does the Jacquelyn sell my information to third parties?
We do not sell, rent, or lend Personal Information without prior consent, except for specified guidelines (e.g., disclosure to service providers working for us).
What do you use my personal details for?
- Security: Verify your identity using name and email.
- Processing Transactions: Facilitate applications, transactions, inquiries, and requests.
- Improving Club and Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. We also enhance services based on purchasing history and preferences.
- Improve Customer Service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Providing Information: Deliver targeted events, notices, and offering information.
- Using Service Providers: Engage third-party providers for business operations, ensuring confidentiality.
- Enabling Sonato and Sonato Alliance: Facilitate participation in the network with user consent.
- Analytics: Utilize site analytics for traffic analysis on an aggregated basis.
- Law Enforcement: Cooperate with law enforcement and other parties in compliance with legal requirements.
- Unintended Access: Implement industry-standard practices to protect privacy; promptly notify in case of a data breach.
- Acquisition: In mergers or acquisitions, Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
- To improve our website.
What Personal Information do you collect for Private Events, and how is it stored and used?
For Private Events, we collect host Member details, contact information, credit card information, guest names, and specific event details. Credit card details are stored securely, and information is used solely for conducting the event. No marketing activities are undertaken, and information is not disclosed to third parties beyond essential business requirements.
Will I be added to any mailing lists?
Email addresses are not sold or lent for purposes other than Club or Site use. Unsolicited emails are not sent, except for essential Club communications. Users can unsubscribe from email services at any time.
Cookies are used for essential site functionality and improved services. Users can opt-out of non-essential cookies during their initial Site visit. Although cookies do not personally identify users, refusing them may affect site functionality.
How do I contact you?
Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (effective 1/1/20):
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants rights regarding Personal Information disclosure, online disclosure, and deletion requests. Requests or questions can be directed to [email protected] or [email protected].
Rights Under the California Privacy Rights Act (effective 1/1/23):
The California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) enhances CCPA by introducing additional rights and obligations for companies collecting personal information. Users have rights to access, correct, limit use, delete, opt-out, and receive equal service and price. Companies must adhere to data retention, vendor supervision, audit obligations, and data minimization.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance:
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people at least 13 years old or older.
Data Breach Response:
In the event of a data breach, Jaquelyn ensures emergency measures, prompt user notification, cooperation with law enforcement, and corrective actions with professional advisors’ assistance.
How will I be notified of changes?
Amendments to the Jacquelyn Website Policies are posted on the Site, with updated terms effective immediately.